Thursday, February 04, 2010

December 18th, 2009-Lauren's adoption day

Today was the day that my beautiful, wonderful, blessing of a daughter, Lauren, was adopted by her daddy.
For those of you who don't know...I'm not ashamed to say how this beautiful angel came into my life. I was 19 years old, living on my own, living the way I thought I wanted, and doing what I wanted. I found out I was pregnant. I was scared, overwhelmed, and dealing with about the biggest reality check I've ever known. I knew from the moment I found out I was pregnant that I wanted to be a mom and that the little being I was carrying would only make my life better...I had no idea how my life would change or the roller coaster being a mommy is but I am so glad that I kept her. There were people who thought it would be best for me to place her up for adoption. That is such a blessing in some peoples lives...but I knew it wasn't for me.

I was thinking about it the other day actually. I have thought over the last 12 and a half years...wondered if someone could have provided for her better, been a better mother to her, if she could've had better opportunities being in another family. She and I have had our challenges, but I wouldn't change a minute of it. She has blessed my life in ways I never imagined. I love her so much and I'm so glad she chose me to be her mom.

That being said, her biological father has never seen her or made any contact with her...it was a dream of mine and Jeremy's for him to adopt her when we got married...I only wish we could have done it earlier but maybe it's better we had time for him to truly become her daddy. He loves her (and Megan and Chase) like they have always been his and I'm so blessed to have the family that I do. Such a happy day, you can see it in their faces...long time coming, but worth the wait!!

Now on to the temple to have her sealed to us. THAT will be a truly beautiful day!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

It was long over due. Im so glad that it finally happened. congratulations to all of you, what an amazing blessing. :)

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

That's so wonderful! :) I'm glad it went easily.
I went through the same things with my first child. I'm sure some would have thought giving my baby up for adoption at 17 yrs old was the best thing...however for me, for my life, it was not. I had always wanted to be a mommy more then anything. I was ready to give up my teenage life and give it all over to my baby. And I did, and things were a little hard at times but amazingly great. The way that everything happened in my life, I know that Alex was meant to stay with me. He was exactly where he was meant to be, just as Lauren is exactly where she was intended to be.
I'm so happy for you guys!

P.s. When is the temple date? Are you inviting anyone to come along?

Josh and Hil said...

YAY! that is amazing and such a wonderful day for you guys. It makes me tear up a bit cause I know what a great person and mother you are to your kids and how much they have blessed your life! love you girl :)

Cozy Blue Photography said...

Thanks, girls! You are all so sweet. We hope to get to the temple (the same one Jeremy and I were married in) sometime this year. Hoping to be able to include Megan and Chase, fingers crossed!! :O)

The Pyper's! said...

I am back to blogging... so I am just catching up on everything I have missed. She is so beautiful!! Love you Lauren even though you don't remember me! What an amazing day for you all!

Cozy Blue Photography said...

Thanks so much, Lis. As you can see I've fallen off the blogging wagon...I so need to get back on it!!